Collard Greens and Watermelon Radish Salad with Tahini Vinaigrette and Crispy Sweet Potatoes
A cold preparation of our Chopped Collard Greens in a Mediterranean salad with bright colors, bold trendy flavors and fresh crisp textures.
- 6 cups Collard Greens Chopped
- 2 cups Watermelon Radishes cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup Celery Chopped
- 1 cup Toasted Sliced Almonds
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes (cut into curls or fine julienne) + Oil for Frying
- 3 oz. Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 oz. Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 2 oz. Hummus Prepared
- 1 tsp Peeled Shallots Minced
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper (To taste)
Add Dressing ingredients to a blender, except Basil Oil, blend for one minute then incorporate Oil slowly.
Heat Canola Oil to 350 degrees and fry Sweet Potato Curls until edges begin to brown, remove and dry on paper towel.
In a bowl, combine Chopped Collard Greens, Apples, Almonds, Radish, and Celery. Toss with dressing to coat and center salad on plate. Top with fried Sweet Potato curls.