Individual Brussels Sprout Frittata To Go
Individual Brussels Sprout Frittata to Go
Everyone likes the ease of grabbing a muffin for the road. With this recipe, you can grab a little real sustenance while you're at it!
- 1 lb Queen Victoria Brussels sprouts washed, dried, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 6 small, red-skinned new potatoes chopped to fine dice
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh-ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 whole large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup pepper-jack shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high flame. Add sprouts, potatoes, shallot, salt and pepper and sauté for 5-10 minutes until just starting to brown. Remove from heat and place in large bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk together and stir half into vegetable mixture along with cheese and parsley. Divide amongst cupcake papers. Pour some remaining egg mixture over top of each and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown, around twenty minutes, rotating pan half-way through. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Leftovers freeze well and warm in microwave (if not using foil papers) for a quick, on-the-go breakfast.