Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts washed, dried, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale washed, dried, center-stem removed, leaves thinly sliced
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Place olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, shallot, salt and pepper in a mason jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well to emulsify.
- Place sliced sprouts and kale in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Top with cheese and almonds.