Grilled Leeks Walnuts and Herbs
Grilled Leeks with Walnuts and Herbs
For a simple recipe, this dish delivers impressive flavors. Grilling leeks until tender and lightly charred brings out their wonderful sweet and complex taste.
- 2 bunches Queen Victoria Leeks (white and light green portion only)
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves packed
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves packed
- 1 each garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Leaving root end intact, slice leeks in half, lengthwise. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil; grill, turning once, for 6-8 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- Slice off root ends; cut leeks into bite-size pieces. Toss with walnuts, parsley, basil, garlic, remaining oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- TIP: serve as a side dish, toss with pasta, or add to sandwiches.