Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cauliflower
Roasting is a quick, easy way to sweeten the flavor of both the Brussels sprouts and cauliflower through carmelization.
- 1 lb Queen Victoria Brussels Sprouts washed, dried, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cauliflower fleurettes washed and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, using the convection setting if available. Otherwise, raise oven rack to high position.
- Heat large, well-seasoned, cast-iron frying pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and cauliflower with olive oil to coat. Add paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir to distribute evenly.
- Pour the vegetables in the hot skillet, turn off flame, and place pan in oven. Roast for thirty minutes, stirring every ten minutes for even carmelization.