Fried Brussels Sprouts
All of the flavor of fried artichoke hearts, with added ease and accessibility!
- 1 lb Queen Victoria Brussels sprouts washed, dried, trimmed and quartered if large, halved if small
- ¼ cup sriracha (Asian hot sauce)
- juice from one lime
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- Place 3 inches of oil in heavy pot over medium heat (or use deep fryer if available).
- Use discarded Brussels sprout leaves to test oil temperature. When leaf immediately sizzles and crisps upon entering the oil, the temperature is right.
- Fry Brussels sprouts in batches, draining on paper towels when golden brown. Sprinkle with salt.
- While sprouts are frying, mix sriracha with soy sauce and lime juice. Serve as dipping sauce alongside of sprouts.